BJD · craft · diorama · DIY · dollhouse · dolls · hobby

Project #9: Coffee Table Book *Update*

As promised I knew that I would continue this project off-line with better materials.  I purchased some small wood pieces (about 2.5″ by 3.5″) from Micheal’s.  I had just about given up when I found these in the wood ornaments section.  They were .29 cents each and they only had 25 so I purchased the whole little bin.  + Because the pieces are thin I knew that I would glue them together.  + I used two pieces for the magazines and 3 pieces for the coffee table books using a strong adhesive (Gorilla Crazy Glue). + The harder part was in the printing and getting the front and back covers (if there were any) to match and line up correctly. + Yes I’m a bad person for printing these at work considering how many duds I went through to get them right. + But I knew (like I mentioned in my last post) that this would work better on a laser printer vs. my Canon. My Canon is a good printer with the correct paper, however I didn’t want to bleed all o my ink, and the black in seemed spotty and looked more gray vs. a true black. + I should have used the dropper in Photoshop to match the black exactly because no one black color is alike and they all print different from printer to printer.

Here are a few pics of how they turned out.

DSC_6887

++++++++

DSC_6908

++++++++

DSC_6917

++++++++

DSC_6875

++++++++

DSC_6919

++++++++

DSC_6903

I think they came out great with a bit of effort, and since I used wood vs. foam core they’re very sturdy.  + In the future I may try a different type paper, however plain printer paper glues down really well. + This project will be ongoing so I can eventually have a really tall book stack in the corner of the condo. + I will probably make some sort of book display next, as I continue to tackle smaller projects before I move onto anything big, and that’s only because I’ve got a lot going on with my daytime gig.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and come back next Sunday for more miniature decor DIYs on The Dollplace Project.

++ Want to know more about my upcoming projects + click here ++

++ For a picture gallery of all my past projects + click here ++


EQUIPMENT//SHOOTING
◈ Nikon D90
◈ Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G
◈ Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
◈ Aputure Amaran Halo AHL-H100 LED Ring Flash Light

PROGRAMS//SOFTWARE
◈ Adobe Lightoom
◈ Adobe Photoshop
◈ PhotoScapeX

OTHER SOURCES
Amazon
Etsy
IKEA
Fabric[dot]com
Michaels

DOLLY CLOTHING//SHOES
◈ Lotuslina
◈ Summomo
◈ FantasyDolls
◈ Karapisdiza
◈ Guppykisses
◈ TTYA

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s